F SeamsLikeMagik.com: THE CAMEL IN WINTER

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

THE CAMEL IN WINTER

Seams Like Magik Schedule
(subject to insanity without notice)



APRIL 2008
4/12-13 Drea Leed Elizabethan Clothing Workshop http://costumetalk.com/
4/ 18-20 Starfest, Media Science Fiction Convention, Denver CO http://www.starland.com/



MAY 2008
5/9-11 Utah Renaissance Festival and Fantasy Faire, Millcreek Hollow, UT http://www.utahrenfest.com/
5/16-18 Utah Renaissance Festival and Fantasy Faire, Millcreek Hollow, UT



Radcon was fun!!! Duh. Radcon is always fun. Kaia, Tim, Morris and the tentacles flew in from Denver, Jessica flew in from Seattle, Sean and Scott drove up from Corvallis. And those were just people who helped me. Many of the usual suspects were at the Red Lion. Unexpectedly the Washington State Liquor Control Board decided we needed more rules, more supervision and possibly we were terrorists. Oops that's a different agency I guess. Anyway, the party atmosphere was subdued but much fun was had. Many of you came through the booth, things exchanged hands, hands did things and hugs were shared. These two young ladies spent some time trying things on and look lovely in Chinese dresses. In between working and parties, I had several meals and slept. Some. Enough.

Morris had adventures without me and somewhere out there, I am told there are photos of Morris partying. Poor innocent Morris. (Well, sure, but I haven't had him very long.) I hope to tell you more about Morris and his amazing feats of derring do, soon. He will be with me on some of my travels so do be sure to stop in and meet him.

Dr. Dave brought some of his own wine, made under his direction and it turned out to be very fine indeed. Or should it be Dr. Dr. Dave now? I forget what was decided. Perhaps the Mighty Bhagwan can rule on this. As it happens, my wine glasses haven't been unpacked since I moved - maybe from Oregon? Who knows. The glassware didn't hurt the taste. OK purists - enough! Maybe it did, but we did what we had to.

After Radcon, we were off to Vancouver, BC. What a wonderful city! Fascinating architecture, terrific multicultural food and shopping. We wandered around Chinatown, the Punjabi Market and other urban centers. Three days weren't nearly enough and I plan to return soon. Granville Island had several fiber arts studios and we visited them all. And the pastries at the market - delicious. Second time through - still delicious. And yet another round - still delicious! We also found what is possibly the largest Pocky store in North America (see above). At least I hope it is - shudder! And fabric. ooooh! And trim. Yay! I bought myself a very cool salwar kameez. Well I had to do something about the pants problem! And that would be a story for another day.
I loved this bridge! We spent our last afternoon relaxing at the park. the views were spectacular and the weather was perfect.

As a grand finale, Kaia, Tim and I stopped at the Spokane Falls and park just before they climbed on the big silver bird. It had been a few years since I was there and I had forgotten how spectacular they are. If you are anywhere close - go take a look! We watched the skaters for awhile and I recalled some of the highlights of the Spokane World's Fair in 1974. My oh my how time flies. My goal for this spring is to get some more photos of the same sections and raceway during spring runoff.
See you soon I hope,
Jane