F SeamsLikeMagik.com: New Year Brrrrr

Friday, January 18, 2008

New Year Brrrrr

Seams Like Magik Schedule (finally)
We are still adding some smaller winter and spring events - check back for updates

JANUARY 2008
1/25-27 Ursalmas, SCA Barony of Aquaterra, Monroe, WA
http://www.baronyofaquaterra.org/events/ursulmas/u2008.html

FEBRUARY 2008
2/2-5 Buying trip, Seattle area
2/15-17 RadCon, Pasco, WA http://radcon.org/news.php
2/19-22 Vancouver, BC

MARCH 2008
3/13-16 Anime Oasis Nana, Boise, ID http://www.animeoasis.org/
3/19-23 Norwescon, Seattle, WA http://www.norwescon.org/
3/28-30 Sakura-Con, Seattle, WA http://sakuracon.org/index.php

APRIL 2008
4/ 18-20 Starfest, Media Science Fiction Convention, Denver CO http://www.starland.com/



Finally, a schedule, you say! I knew I was going to events and you were pretty sure but now it's official.

It has been too darn cold to type. And when I was warm I was having too much fun. teehee. Ritzville has had many cold days in a row and much snow, at least for us. My heating system has been experiencing technical difficulties resulting in me spending too much time on my knees peering into the firebox with a flashlight or running out to shut off a breaker or reactivate said burner. Does that seem right to you? And cold, there were waaayyy too many hours of being cold. Hopefully the latest repairs solved the problem. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Other news this winter. Hmm. Well maybe the news that's fit to print anyway. I am getting acquainted with some new suppliers in the Northwest, found some great new tops and some Loli skirts. I've made several trips to Portland and scouted around while I was there. Also found a great deal and restocked on linen, so expect to see some new linen items. I started working on a new dress, for me I hope, mid 18th century. Not sure where I'll wear it, but I just wanted it. And the usual work goes on for custom orders, costumes, weddings and miscellany. Restock meanders along - there will be new cloaks, new dresses yada yada yada.

I have had some visitors, connected with some old friends, joined some evenings of gaming - I love Settlers, Power Grid, Nuclear War and Ticket to Ride - and unpacked and did housely things. I have a library again! Books I haven't seen for five years are on shelves and I stop and caress them as I go by. Lovely, lovely books. I hosted a sewing and gaming day at my house. Many people sewed while I gadded and talked and admired. We popped up to the Spocon winter event and listened to writers CJ Cherryh, Jane Fancher, Deby Fredericks, MJ Eng, Vicky Mitchell and... my brain ran out. Anyway great fun to see folks in the middle of the cold.

As a change of pace, I am learning to spin. Nope, not at the gym. Apparently there is some kind of exercise equipment or whatever that is also called spinning? Like SitnSpin? Who knows? After several misunderstandings, I want to emphasize that I am spinning wool into a reasonable facsimile of yarn and it would be a stretch to call it exercise. It keeps my hands busy but lets my imagination run free which is always a dangerous, I mean interesting combination. The yarn mostly seems to like being yarn and agrees to stay in a yarnly shape, which is good.

Enough news - email me and tell me what you are doing. I am going to try to remember to sign into chat once in awhile also. Oooh - and phone - I love to listen. Well, and talk too. BTW if you haven't guessed, I am rested and ready to do! Things! Many Things!