F SeamsLikeMagik.com: Back to Boise

Monday, May 07, 2007

Back to Boise

UPCOMING EVENTS - have questions or comments? Email me info@seamslikemagik.com

MAY 2007
5/25-27 Conduit, Science Fiction Convention, Salt Lake City, Utah. http://conduit.sfcon.org/. Saturday at 4 PM, Jane will be presenting "Corsetry 101" at Conduit. Come learn about the myths, legends, history and construction of corsets and why corset making counts as three-dimensional design engineering. (Check Conduit program for confirmation of time and room.)
5/25-27 Opus, Denver, Colorado. Look for Seams Like Magik in the Fashion Show.

JUNE 2007
6/12-17 Uprising War, Society for Creative Anachronism, Barony of One Thousand Eyes,
Firth, Idaho http://uprisingwar.org/
6/29-7/1 Ye Merry Greenwood Faire, Richland, Washington.
http://home.comcast.net/~greenwood_players/index.htm

JULY 2007
7/14 Ritzville Blues Fest, http://www.ritzvilleblues.com/

AUGUST 2007
8/4-5 Washington Renaissance Fantasy Festival, Gig Harbor, Washington
http://www.washingtonrenfaire.com/
8/11-12 Washington Renaissance Fantasy Festival, Gig Harbor, Washington
8/18-19 Washington Renaissance Fantasy Festival, Gig Harbor, Washington

I don't think I ever got a chance to write about the spectacular custom chain mail headpiece I got last year. Bruce with Maillestrom really did a terrific job. It is anodized aluminum rings in fire tones with camel jewelry added. Hey you knew there had to be camels somewhere! This is me we are talking about here.

In March I went back to Boise for Anime Oasis. It wasn't snowing (much), but in the middle of Oregon, just as dusk was falling, I lost my trailer lights. So I pulled into the well-lit small town downtown and got out the toolkit. I can only say the move did not help the organization of the toolkit. Many thanks to Tim, long-haul trucker who took pity on me and offered an extra set of hands and a fresh brain and helped me get the lights on so I could continue to Boise. Late but I got there.

Mike provided lots of help to get me unloaded the next morning and sent over Kai-chan and Dee, who helped watch the booth so I could have lunch - thanks to all of them. Anime Oasis once again proved to be the highest concentration of energy at a con. Lots of costumes, including the concatenation of fannish style below in pink. Jeremy does a terrific job of pulling all this together and I guess next year there will be an extra day to satisfy the Idaho anime-niacs.


Last, but not least, on the right is another style statement from one of my personal favorites. Most of you know her and know why she is so much fun to have around. She's wearing a fuzzy purple ear hat by Kaia and red glitter sideless surcoat made by her mother.

I need to get back to work but will try to post again next week. I still haven't figured out how to avoid spam classification when I send out email updates so those are NOT being sent. Truthfully I haven't taken time to research it yet. The fabric calls and I must go!
Hope to see you soon!
Jane